15 August 2010

Recipe: Delish Doughnut Muffins!

When I read about doughnut muffins on Juggling Motherhood's 5 great finds for the week, I was intrigued, and was hanging out for this weekend. I knew I would HAVE to make them! And I'm always of the opinion that the best recipes are when you know just by looking at the ingredients that you have everything in the cupboard.

This morning, we set to and made the muffins. Super easy, super quick. Noah enjoyed helping, and even the dipping in butter then sugar/cinammon afterwards was fun as we got to lick our fingers after doing each one...deliciously naughty!

I think we may have just found ourselves a new baking treat!

Mark also experimented with syringing some jam into the middle of a couple to jazz them up even further.

Lush with a morning coffee too!




Without further ado, here's the recipe, care of How To Simplify:

Doughnut Muffins
Ingredients for the muffins:
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

For the coating:
1/4 -1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
2.Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3.Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
4.Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes. While muffins are baking, melt butter in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
5.Shake muffins out of the muffin tin while the muffins are still hot.
6.Dip muffins in the melted butter and then into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.

I'd love to hear if you decide to make these and what you think of them! We loved them!

.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm salivating just looking at the photos of these divine muffins! Sal

Paris said...

I made these for dinner tonight after a heavy-late-lunch and we loved them! Definitely 5 stars! Thank you for sharing the recipe, I'll link back to this post when I share it on my blog. :)
Paris

Bethany @happyhomemakerme said...

Sounds like these were made with my husband in mind!!! Can't wait to give it a try :-)
Found you through Paris ^

Looks amazing!

♥ Bethany

www.happyhomemaker.me

dearfutureme... said...

Just made these delectable treats, and hope you dont mind I posted about them on my blog... Thanks for the heads up!

Bron said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe...they were delish...definitely not to be made too often around here.LOL

Julie said...

Thanks Meghan - just made these for afternoon tea and they definately got the thumbs up! Worked well in 2 mini muffin trays. Next time I will try to resist temptation a little longer (I took them out after 15mins) and leave them cooking a bit longer to get a crispier crust x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails