01 March 2013

Things I'm Loving 3.1.13



I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is.

Snatched?!
Hubby had a go with our friend Jackie's hat on the other night, and one of his best mates commented on Facebook that he could just about pass for Mickey from Snatch.


I can see the likeness, but I think you might need to work on a bit more scrubby facial hair and a Pikey accent first though love.

Stingrays
We were so amazed when, one afternoon last week, we went down to the waterfront to get a gelato and sit on the steps of the lagoon, and there were four stingrays playing in the shallows. I don't think I've seen one, let alone four, in the wild before so it was a truly magical moment.


The Alphabet Anniversary
I've gone the 'homemade' card route for a few anniversaries in a row now. And I'd seen the corrugated heart stamp idea on a blog recently, and thought it'd be fun to give it a go. Combine that with a few Scrabble letter stickers and it was ready to rock and roll. And that was just the outside.


On the inside I thought about finding a virtue for every letter of the alphabet to tell hubby how much I love and appreciate him (and yes I DID have to consult the dictionary for a few of them!):

Happy Anniversary to the most.........Appealing Brilliant Chivalrous Dashing Excellent Fantastic Generous Handsome Intelligent Jaunty Kind Loving Marvellous Noble Obliging Perfect Quixotic Responsible Smashing Terrific Understated Valiant Wonderful seXy Yummy Zany.....husband ever!

He loved it, although the fact it was every letter of the alphabet escaped him on first reading!

Good morning
On a morning like this, it is easy to see where the phrase 'good morning' comes from isn't it!


Doing a do
I try to wash my hair as little as possible, which for me usually means only once every 4 days. The first 3 days are fine, but by day 4, it's usually pretty obvious that it's in need of a wash. Which is why day 4 is most often an up-do day, whether it's a ponytail or some kind of messy bun. More often than not, my buns look like a 5-year old has been pinning hair to my head, but on the odd occasion I actually manage to pull it off and look like a grown up. Like this day. Stoked.


And for a little bit of fun to end...

Crazy baby Gangnam style
I'm not a huge fan of the Gangnam style song, and not because it's been played to death but also because it's a bit suggestive in places. Nonetheless I laughed my head over when I saw this video..and you probably will too! As much as it's funny how the baby is asleep and jerks awake to start dancing when the song comes on, I think the big sister laughing her head off actually tickled my fancy even more!


Here's how you can join in this week:

Link up below with your blog post telling us what you're loving, and grab the Things I'm Loving button below for your post too. Don't forget to share the love by visiting all the other lovelies who have joined in - the linky is open till same time next week!







7 comments :

A little bit country said...

I'm loving joining in the Link up every week. Will be poppling back with my link up later on today. Watching the stingrays must have been amazing! x

Leonie said...

What a great anniversary card! Looks like a lovely week all round :)

Miriam said...

Love that card. My sisters hubby did the same kind of thing for her birthday. So cool. I love how you often try new things :o)

Sammy said...

Your hair is amazing! Clever you xx

Catching the Magic said...

That video is a crack up! Thinking of you all enjoying a special holiday together right now up the gorgeous Kapiti Coast and love that morning photo you took in Welly. Absolute stunner - and seeing more than one sting ray at once, with such clarity! Fab! x

Bron said...

Love your anniversary card...and the cleverness of your hair. xx Happy weekend to you. .

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

Love it, especially your hair and the card. Hope you've enjoyed your mini-break xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails